_

Pages - Menu

Thursday, July 3, 2014

What Makes Me Feel Pretty.

As a woman, I sometimes feel like I'm not supposed to feel pretty. Society draws such a fine line between confidence and arrogance and what's so confusing is that as children, we are taught to have confidence and to love ourselves for who we are. But once we begin to show signs of confidence or of accepting ourselves, society takes a big dump on us for being "stuck up". All of a sudden our confidence is labelled as arrogance and accepting and loving ourselves now makes us vain. Society puts us straight back in our place with its judge-y looks and photos of airbrushed models. It's a vicious cycle. Literally the least fun roller coaster ever.

So, society, tell me the key to escaping your assumptions and judgement?

Well, Christie, the key is to be confident, but not too confident because God forbid you actually like yourself, but you should like yourself because if everyone liked themselves, then the world be a better place.


Is anyone else royally fucking confused?


It's safe to say I've had my ups and downs with self-confidence.

And I struggle to accept my whole self - the good, the bad, the jiggly, the impatient, etc. I should be taller. Thinner. Tanned. More toned. Funnier. Have longer hair. Have bigger boobs. Have trendier clothes. Have a different face. Be someone else.

I have discovered that being myself completely and unapologetically is what makes me happy. It has taken a lot of time, a lot of ups and downs, but I am finally accepting myself for who I am. I don't think that people should be ashamed of or made to feel bad for having confidence and for liking themselves. And we often hear that in order to love someone else, we have to love ourselves first.


What makes me feel pretty:

- A (very rare) good hair day
- That one day a year I finally get my mascara to look good on both eyes
- A bow in my hair
-Wearing delicate jewellery
- Being truly happy
- Freshly shaved legs
- When I catch Jesse staring at me in that cute way he does
- A pair of jeans that hug my bum just right
- When my eyes appear more blue than grey
- Wearing one of my favourite outfits,
- Having a tan
- When a total stranger gives me non-seedy a compliment
 - Having my nails painted real pretty like

What makes me feel DAMN SEXY:


- The faces I pull whilst drinking; for your amusement.


















Good fucking night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Leave your blog URL, I'll definitely check it out!

x