_

Pages - Menu

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

January Look Back and February Goals

Personal goals for February 2018
Book a holiday
"One of my New Year's resolutions was to travel so I'd like to get the ball rolling and ensure that it happens by booking flights and accommodation this month. Jesse and I didn't get a holiday last year, or the year before come to think of it, and I've been craving a holiday for so long now. The Plan is to visit The Whitsundays, which is actually an item (as is seeing The Great Barrier Reef) on my lifetime bucket list - ka-ching times three."

Tick: I am beyond excited, you guys!

Use MyFitnessPal for all food input
"Rewind a year-or-so ago, I was using MyFitnessPal religiously and guess what?! I saw results. Shocker. I eventually grew tired of the tedious process of entering every single thing I ate and lapsed in to not using it. Queue the weight gain... Re-gain? I'd definitely like to get back in to the habit of inputting my meals and snacks in to MyFitnessPal. It's annoying, but it works."

Tick: I think I did pretty well when it came to imputing my calorie intake into MyFitnessPal last month. There were a few occasions where I forgot/couldn't be bothered but for the most part, I stuck to it.

Get back to the gym
"Another of my resolutions is to lose 10kg before January 2019. It's a slow process so I'm starting as early as possible. Easing back in to the gym after a week or two off is probably the best way to go. Aiming for my regular 4 times a week may be asking too much this month so if I can get there at least twice a week, three times ideally, I'll be happy."

Tick: This one was a struggle and a half. I wasn't nearly as disciplined as I used to be, getting to the gym 4 times a week, but I definitely did manage to get there twice, sometimes (okay, maybe once) even three. I've just got to stay motivated and work back up to my old schedule.

Meet the neighbours
"I'm one of those super awkward, super shy neighbours who will pretend that they don't see you until you call out "hi" to me (hello, social anxiety), and apparently, so is the rest of the street. We've been in our house close to 5 months now and I've not communicated with any of the people who live around me other than the nice old man across the road. Rather than keeping my head down and pretending that they don't exist when the neighbours just so happen to be outside when I am, I'm aiming to say hello every time. Shudder."

Tick: I really didn't think that I'd achieve this one, but I actually managed to say hello and have a small chat with a few different neighbours whenever they happened to be outside when I was. The recent Super Blue Blood Moon made for a great opportunity to meet people as we were all out the front watching it.


g
Lose 2kg
Following on from wanting to get back in to a gym routine, I'd definitely like to see some results. I think that I've eased myself back in to a workout routine fairly well. There's still a fair bit of room for improvement, of course, but I think that if I put my mind to it and get myself to the gym 3-4 times a week and watch my diet, losing a couple of kilos is definitely feasible.

Go to the beach
If you didn't already know that Summer is my favourite season, then.. Summer is my favourite season. As February is the last month of Summer (If you didn't know that I'm Australian, then.. I'm Australian. Our Summer is (likely) your Winter) and I'm already devastated that it's coming to an end. I'm even more devastated at the fact that I haven't been to the beach once this Summer. Shameful. I'd definitely like to get my butt to the beach as much as I can to farewell Summer.

Book holiday experiences
Flights and accommodation: check. Now it's time to book our Whitsunday Island experiences. Helicopter tours, snorkelling, hiking, sailing, you name it, I want to do it! Seeing as we'll be going in September, which is busy season, I'd like to get booking before things fill up too much and we miss out.

Wall art

Another my resolutions for this year was to make our new(ish) house feel more like home and we have a lot of blank wall space that needs filling. I've found a couple of pretty pieces of art that I'd like to hang and there are always personal photographs laying around that need to be framed and displayed.


What are you hoping to achieve this month?

See also:


14 comments:

  1. So exciting that you booked your holiday! That always makes it seem so "real"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you did really well in January. Speaking as someone who has a tough time meeting new people too, I know chatting with the neighbours is a huge thing! Good luck with this month's goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some fun goals! Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really need to write down a February goals myself so I can stay accountable. Have fun on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christie, you know I am that shy neighbour who barely talks to other families in the locality. I think I should also make an effort to open up. I would love to see a post when you do some wall art 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're able to make it to the beach! Looking forward to spring/summer in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you and your upcoming trip. There is nothing like holiday to experience the fun of life! Seeing you healthy and fit as each day greets you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your goals, they are great and totally relatable. I want to book a vacation and travel to Turks and Caicos, either stay at a resort or do a cruise. MyFitnessPal app is untouched for the past couple of months.. I need to get on it and get back my fitness motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did so well on your January goals! I definitely have to start getting more proactive about some of my New Year's resolutions. One of them was to start volunteering so my goal this month is to find a place to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The older I get the more I want to make it a point to know my surrounding neighbors. Its a good thing to do and you never know when you might need them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hungry_Healthy_HappyFebruary 13, 2018 at 3:30 PM

    Hats grey that you made an effort with your neighbours. We made sure we did when we moved in, as you never know when you might need a favour and it’s nice to be friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for January goals!! My February goals have to be pushed to March because I broke my leg and all my goals require leg use lol but I think in this time I have to hea I’ll make some goals to read a book or 2. At least do something productive while I sit around

    ReplyDelete
  13. Important to have goals.I have travel plans in March

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have travel plans in March
    Goals always help me too.Love your Feb goals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!