_

Pages - Menu

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Summer Bucket List of Sorts.

Although we're currently in to our last month of Summer (waah!), I like compiling a list of a few goals and adventures to try (albeit a late one). It keeps my weekends busy and reminds me to take advantage of how fast times flies by, because there’s no doubt that Summer is one of the most exciting seasons of the year. It is the perfect window of time to explore, try new things, and have adventures.



These are my favourite Summer activities, and I'll be cramming as many of them in to January as I possibly can:

Hit up a theme park.
image
Theme parks, in my opinion, are the ultimate Summer adventure you can have. Either with friends, or a date, it's truly one the best ways to be a kid again.

Get in to a book (or four).
image
Summer is the best time of the year to dive into great books. I love sipping an iced tea during a warm day and losing myself in a great read.

Master a Summer recipe.
image & recipe
Ideally, something you can make on a BBQ. This might sound silly, but this Summer I am determined master the perfect grilled pineapple. See, grilling has always gone horribly wrong for me, but this year I'm going to master you, grill!

Go to an outdoor movie.
image
It's such a relaxing way to spend a warm night outdoors with a bag of popcorn, a good movie and group of friends or that someone special.

Pick your own.
image
I love picking fresh fruit from mum’s garden. Not only is there something so rewarding about eating your own picked produce, homegrown fruits and vegetables taste so much better than anything you can buy at the supermarket. If you don't have a garden of your own, go on a fruit and vegetable picking date with your loved one, there's plenty of orchids around!

Host an outdoor dinner party.
image
Maybe I'm getting old, but I think that eating al fresco a great way to enjoy the Summer. Light recipes, friends, and pretty twinkle lights make for an a-okay evening in my book.

Host a beach party.
image
I've always wanted to go to a Summertime beach bonfire party.
Mix good friends, a BBQ and refreshing drinks, and you've got yourself a good Summer night.

Try a new restaurant/cafe/bar once a week.
image
I love discovering hidden new places to eat - It's actually become one of Jesse and I's favourite little hobbies lately.

Explore the thrift shop.
image
I'm gonna pop some tags, only got $20 in my pocket.
The hippy in me loves the thrift store, some of my most prized decor items actually come from flea markets and antique stores. It’s a fun way to spend an afternoon and add unique items to your home without splurging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!