_

Pages - Menu

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Weekend Away.




When you live in a city, you are forever surrounded. Surrounded by stresses, by people, by buildings, by noise.. Sometimes you need to leave it all behind for a day or so. To get away from the hustle and bustle. To simply hop in a car and drive somewhere new.

Last weekend, I gate crashed Jesse's family holiday Jesse's family and I headed North to the picturesque country town of Dongara. We’d decided to leave on Friday and return on Monday.
3.5 hours out and 3.5 hours back.








Though I don't travel well, I haven't done any weekend trips for a long time. I was really looking forward to this one. These small trips keep me sane when I begin to feel trapped. I start looking forward to the sunshine with an amazing view and a fresh sea breeze. To lazing about in a quiet surrounding, forgetting my troubles. To experience something I've never seen just a few hundred kilometres from home. To find inspiration and clarity.























Dongara is one of those rare, magical places where sea meets country.
Look to your left, there's the beautiful, blue ocean. Look to your right, a brown, red and orange landscape that goes on for miles.










A long drive and a relaxing time in a warmer, quieter part of the state is just what I needed.
It made a world of difference to the way I feel today - I sit here at my desk feeling revived and refreshed. All I needed was a quick adventure. A simple thing, but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!