_

Pages - Menu

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Empties #1


I have always been notorious for not finishing beauty products before moving on to the next.
I was the sort of person who jumps from one product to the other a lot of the time, because I hadn't truly found the combination of brands and products that worked for me. Since getting in to blogging, I've read so many helpful reviews and I think I've finally found the products that are right for me. The ol' blogaroo has also given me a reason to fully finish the horde of products I've accumulated before I even think of buying another and I must say: it’s a satisfying feeling!

Here's what I've used up recently:


This is a dry shampoo that is incredibly inexpensive and does exactly what it says it does. I use it when my hair is looking a little flat/oily and this fixes both of those issues right up which is particularly good for second day hair. Once massaged in and brushed out, my hair feels refreshed for the rest of the day. I haven't found that there is any bad powdery white build-up against my blonde hair and you honestly can't tell that my hair is actually dirty'. I very much like the scent but it's quite strong. I definitely didn't mind it lingering in my hair, but I can see how others might. The only issue - I liked it a bit too much and used it up real fast.

Repurchase? Yes. I recently bought a can of Bastille's dry shampoo, but I've quickly found that I prefer V05's offering. I'll be buying another can as soon as I've used up the rest of my Bastille shampoo.

AVON Naturals Orchid & Blueberry Shower Gel
This. Smells. SO. Good! It's such a sweet, fruit scent that reminds me of Summer. An artificial Summer, but a Summer nonetheless. It lathers easily and leaves my skin lightly scented and feeling moisturised, which really is all I look for in a shower gel.

Repurchase? Yes, once I use up the other 50,000 shower gels I have in my bathroom.

Le Tan Coconut SPF 15 Oil
I've still been using this almost every day on my lunch break in the sun. The formulation protects and hydrates the skin to help prevent peeling and dryness, leaving your skin smelling all coconut-ey and delicious (I get told that I smell like a lamington by my co-workers almost every day). It sinks in nicely IF you don't use too much. Honestly, you really only need a little bit; sand/grass tends to stick everywhere if you use even the slightest bit too much. Just bare in mind, that just because it has an SPF doesn't mean you can go ahead and bake all day to achieve a tan as this is essentially a tanning product with SPF, not sunscreen.

Repurchase? Yes. Just last week I bought the SPF 30+ version. Because I'm sun smart.

The Body Shop Coconut Shower Cream (Mini)
Again with the coconut.
I love how thick and creamy this is. It doesn't lather as well as a shower gel would, but considering it's a shower cream, you shouldn't expect it to. You do have to use a fair bit if you're using it all over your body, but because it is so very creamy, very moisturizing which is fantastic and it's great as a shaving cream. Admittedly, I do feel that it could have a more realistic coconut smell; it does smell more synthetic than the other coconut products from The Body Shop, but I still like it. I got the mini bottle in a gift pack for Christmas, and it's really hard to get the product out once you've used past the half-way mark because it's so thick, but I know the jumbo size comes with a pump, which would be ideal.


Repurchase? Probably not. If I did, it would be to use solely as a shaving cream.

Chanel N°5 Eau de Toilette Spray (50mL)
I got this as a Christmas gift from the bosses at work.
If you're in to your wooden, musky scents, you're going to love this one. It's an incredibly long-lasting perfume; I was receiving compliments at the end of the day after having spritzed some on in the morning before work. It's also very strong, which also means that it's incredibly easy to use too much and burn out the insides of your nostrils over the course of a day.

Repurchase? No. I prefer fruity over musky scents. I have so many perfumes, I really just wanted to use this one up.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Light)
I've previously compared this concealer to Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer (here) and this one came out second best. Honestly, I use this as an under eye brightener rather than a concealer. It's easy to apply with it's doe foot applicator and creamy formula allows it to spread and blend beautifully, leaving a dewier finish all the while feeling so soft on the skin. I use the 'light' shade and it instantly lights up the area under my eyes, making me look more awake. The staying power isn't all that great, however, but it still does a good job of hiding those blemishes and red spots. The creaminess of the formula means it does not accentuate my dry skin, but it also means it's a little on the oily side and tends to slide off on hotter days. Because I apply concealer quite high up (between the nose and inner eye corners), I find that I'll have to wipe off a line that has settled into my eyelid crease right about lunch time.

Repurchase? Yes. Only to be used for brightening in conjunction with Instant Age Rewind.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Silky Beige)
This is another product I use daily; on top of Rimmel's Perfect Match foundation.
I love it! It leaves my skin smooth, and not powdery, even if I use a lot. It' such a great setting powder, and will give a light coverage if you're heavy handed with it and even then, it doesn't give me that gross, cakey look or settle on dry patches or in to creases. It does it's job well, controlling oil while keeping you matte and your make-up in place majority of the day.

Repurchase? Yes. On to pan number two already.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer (Fair)
I use this every day under my foundation. The formula is hard to beat: It's thick enough to cover the under eye area but also smooth enough to blend out nicely, filling in fine lines without settling into them or creasing, while still not accentuating my dry skin (which is pretty rare for me) and leaving a matte finish. The application, though.. On one hand, I love that it's a wind-up, meaning you can basically get every last drop from the tube, but on the other, I wasn't a huge fan of the sponge nib applicator at first. Although I've gotten used to it now, it's still impossible to clean and is quite large, making it difficult to get the product into the smaller parts of the eye. The shade 'fair' is the lightest shade in the range and it matches my skin-tone perfectly however I like to buy a concealer that's a shade or two lighter than my face for brightening and highlighting purposes and this just doesn't do that. I'll use Fit Me on top to brighten, while this does it's job of concealing those bags all day long.

Repurchase? Yes, Sir. I've always got a backup tube ready.

AVON Glimmersticks Retractable Brow Definer (Blonde)
After never having bothered doing much with my eyebrows, it's amazing the difference even a little outline makes and that's literally all I do: outline. I absolutely love this formulation, and the colour 'blonde' perfectly matches my brows and being a twist up, pencil means no sharpening required. It goes on easily and with a light hand does not look overdone. It lasts a good while and is easily removed at the end of the day.

Repurchase? Yes. I actually bought one last month, and got a two-for-one deal. KA-CHING.

2 comments:

  1. I will never go back to a non twist up brow liner again!

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharpening: Ugh! By the time I get it even enough all the way around, I've lost half of the pencil. -.- Wind-up all the way. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!