_

Pages - Menu

Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Bella Box Unboxing.

 I missed reviewing last month's Bella Box because it honestly wasn't worth the time; seriously, not even worth writing a bad review. I came so very close to cancelling my subscription because I'd been pretty disappointed the past few months, but I'm glad I didn't. This box has restored my faith; three full-sized products, no junky 'filler' items, and all things I'd actually use - Hooray!

This month's theme was 'Mindful Beauty'

Before I go on, I'd just like to apologise for the terrible quality photos; I'm in the process of fixing my camera.
Until then, smartphone to the resuce!




Marc Daniels Blue Cypress Blonde Smooth Ends Treatment
My hair is naturally blonde, so I don't have the bleach fried hair this duo was intended to assist. What I do have is hair that is constantly straightened and blasted by heaters (especially now that the weather's getting colder) so it's always on the dry and brittle side, especially my ends. This boasts a protective and nourishing formula, that fights unwanted tones with the help Australian Blue Cypress tree oil, which provides a blue pigment that helps to counteract brassy and yellow tones. I'm always looking for products to fix my (increasingly ugly) ends and I'm down for a boost in my blonde department without the dye, so I'm excited to give this a try.
RRP: $12.99


Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner
I used the shampoo alone at first, and I did feel a little strength and moisture come back to my dry hair but I don't feel as though it did anything overly amazing. That was until I used both the shampoo and conditioner together. Aside from the fact that this stuff smells amazing, they work wonders as a pair! My hair still feels light and moisturized and has been that much more manageable since. I would probably not recommend this for super fried hair as it's not moisturizing enough or limp/thin hair because it does make hair more "flat", but it's a great combo for semi-damaged hair.
RRP: $27.95 each.


Nivea Lip Butter in 'Caramel Cream'

I was excited to see this in my delivery this month as my lips are doing something a bit scary with this cold weather. First off, the caramel scent is pretty delicious. It's very a smooth and buttery  formula which means it's a little greasy if you use too much, but used sparingly, it melts right in to my lips and leaves them feeling soft and moisturised with a shiny glaze. I'm not a fan of the unhygienic, pain-in-the-ass to open tin but I'd overlook that for the nourishment it delivers.
RRP: $5.19

Yes to Carrots C Me Shine Lip Gloss in 'Playful Nude'
Instantly, I loved three things about this gloss: The name (I can't even), the fact that it's 95% organic, and the shade. It looks a little orange-y in the tube for my taste, but it comes out as such a beautiful and subtle peachy nude on the lips. It's not sticky at all, rather too on the thin side so it hasn't got the best staying power, but it is smooth and conditioning. I was surprised to learn about it's peppermint-y smell and I've put it down to the menthol. It really softens your lips, but if your lips have a tendency to peel, I'd definitely recommend exfoliating before application.
RRP: $9.95

Pure Therapy Gentle Soap Free Body Cleanser
I love me a beautifully scented shower gel, but sometimes the added fragrance agitates my sensitive skin. I gave this a go last night, actually and I was really impressed. It's soap free, which felt wonderful on my skin and being as there's no added fragrance, it delivered that clean feeling without the irritation I usually get. The scent reminded me of Aveeno's moisturiser (which we all know I LOVE); It's just a lovely, clean, natural smell, probably because they both contain Colloidal Oatmeal which is great for soothing and moisturising dry skin. I just felt soft, clean and moisturised as I towelled off - fantastic!
RRP: $11.95


BONUS: Nourish Anti-itch Lotion
This was just a bonus sachet. I'm not overly fussed, but it'll definitely come in handy, especially on my legs which itch like crazy when they're even slightly dry.
RRP: $12.95

Overall, I'm incredibly pleased with April's box! There's not one product I won't use.


What beauty box do you subscribe to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!