_

Pages - Menu

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July Beauty Favourites.

I really got out of my comfort zone over July beauty-wise. I purchased quite a few new products that I wouldn't normally consider, and brands I'd never tried, and yet, I loved them all! It just goes to show how much there is out there, and how easy it is to surprise yourself if you just give the unknown a try. Some products I picked up towards the end of the month, and I'm already in love with the majority; I'm sure they'll make an appearance in my August favourites.



One: Live by Jennifer Lopez
This was my all time favourite perfume, in fact, I wore it every day. I've fallen back in love with Live after discovering a half bottle hiding at the back on my perfume stash. It's incredibly long-lasting, it's sweet, it's fruity, it's feminine, it's delicious. What more could you ask for?


Two: Moreish Resurgence Hand Cream
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's that dry hand feeling. Seriously. I cannot cope. So when it comes to hand cream, I'm incredibly picky. As the rest of Moreish's skincare range, this contains Moroccan Argan Oil and is of the organic/natural variety (ka-ching). It's non-greasy and quickly absorbed, moisturising and protecting the skin - even on days that I've had the driest of hands, this has left my hands and cuticles feeling soft and nourished all throughout the day.


Three: Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

   This shit smells edible. I kid you not.
I don't even class this as a mask - I categorise it as an exfoliator. The consistency is thick and sticky, almost like honey and it rinses off like a gel. Evan after one use, I noticed a difference - my skin was brighter, less congested and felt much smoother. It does tingle on the skin.. Actually, it's pretty intense for the first few uses - definitely not for everyone. It manages to get into every little pore and cleanse deeply without drying me out. I use this no more than once a week; mostly when my pores are feeling especially clogged. It cleanses and exfoliates away those pesky blackheads without stripping my skin.


Four: Caudalie Moisturising Toner
I always make the effort to tone my face in the morning but the brand I used, although effective, was harsh and full of alcohol (I'm bad, don't judge me). I bought this on a whim because a moisturising toner is the polar opposite to what I'd been using and I must say, it sounded heavenly after years of stripping my face. What a difference! It's so gentle and softening on my sensitive skin. It helps to remove any impurities and traces of make-up my cleanser didn't pick up while toning, moisturising, and leaving my skin feeling fresh, soft and balanced. I've since thrown away all bottles of my harsh toner and I haven't looked back.


Five: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water
I rarely use a primer, but this fancy face water is the perfect spray to use before foundation, especially if you have drier skin. It's such a hydrating spray, I've even used it throughout the day to re-hydrate my skin when it's feeling dry. I pump a couple of spritzes on my face after applying my moisturiser and wait for it to dry slightly tacky. It feels super light and refreshing, my make-up glides on beautifully and everything sticks like glue. I've heard mixed things about using it as a finishing spray to prolong the wear of your make-up, so for now, I'll stuck to using it as a primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!