_

Pages - Menu

Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Beauty Favouites.

I don't mean to alarm you, but January's already over..
The end of our Australian Summer is probably the most heartbreaking time of the year for me, and my favourites this month reflect the cooling transition to Autumn:


One: Avon's Glimmersticks Retractable Brow Definer in 'Blonde'
After never having bothered doing much with my eyebrows, it's amazing the difference even a little outline makes. Although I've not ever used another brow pencil, I absolutely love this formulation, and the colour 'blonde' perfectly matches my brows and being a twist up, pencil means no sharpening required. It goes on easily and with a light hand does not look overdone. It lasts a good while and is easily removed at the end of the day.

I have been loving this so much! Prior to coming across this during a Priceline sale, I used some el-cheapo brand from Target which I did find worked very well for those days when I just didn't have the time to wash my hair, but after deciding to give Batiste a go, I realize what I'd been missing out on; it just works so much better in a) eliminating that greasy look, and b) giving me that much needed volume! I bought the cherry scented one and it smells so lovely!

Three: John Frieda Beach Blonde Ocean Waves Sea-Salt Spray
I've tried my share of sea salt sprays in my day, but this is the one I keep coming back to. I've used it so much this warm month, I'm almost out.
My hair always tumbles into the most beautiful waves after just a few sprays and some hairdrying whilst scrunching. Not only does it produce perfect waves and curls it also leaves my hair feeling AMAZINGLY soft. Plus, it's got the most delicious scent.
 
This particular lotion has quickly become my favourite formulation of the lot. It's a lightweight cream that absorbs into the skin super fast, without leaving that greasy after feel. Out of all the lotions I own, this one gives me the softest, most moisturised skin and I can even use it on my face on overly dry days with no negative results. I've always loved the smell of cucumber and melon products and this one is no exception, it's just so refreshing. Since falling in love, I've discovered you can no longer buy the cucumber & melon lotion - nuuu! I'm yet to try the other scents, but the formulations are the same so there's no difference, it's just a shame.

This one still isn't available in Australia (that I can find), so I still have to buy it online but in my opinion: totally worth it! I was sceptical at first, because of drying the effects salt has on the hair, and I still use it just once a week, but it really does add a TON of extra body and shine (although it's quite weird rubbing chunks of sea salt into your hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!