_

Pages - Menu

Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Dream Red Carpet Look

I've been feeling a little.. blergh recently when it comes to what's in my wardrobe, so when Weddington Way contacted me about their current project, I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to join in because when you're looking for a little inspiration, where else do you turn then Hollywood? And with award show season underway, it's only fitting (I'm hilarious) that I dream up my ideal red carpet look. I mean, I guess I could take time out of my busy schedule to drool over peruse a website full of oh-so-beautiful dresses. If I must.

The mission was simple: Pick a dress and style yourself a red carpet worthy look. Simple, right? You'd think so, but Weddington Way has such a gorgeous bridesmaid collection, picking just one was near impossible! They're all so elegant, so beautiful, so high-class. I cry myself to sleep at night because I need to own at least 80% of their collection.

I digress.

Sadly, I'm not considered famous enough to get invited to red carpet soiree's on the regular (which is their loss really), but a girl can dream, right?

After much deliberation, THIS bad boy is my choice. My holy grail. My precious:


Dress  //  Shoes  //  Clutch  //  Earrings  //  Bracelet  //  Hair Piece
This dress is so versatile; cut, colour, everything so there were many, many different looks I could create, but I chose to keep my look somewhat simple as I wanted the dress to be the star of the show.

I really like strapless dresses, and I feel the sweet heart cut adds an extra dash of femininity to the whole thing: the curves just give it a softer touch and creates the illusion of fuller breasts (huge bonus!), as opposed to a straight cut, which can make your shoulders appear broader. This dress is also very kind to your figure with the bandage waist separating the bust and skirt, hugging your body, creating a thinner silhouette as the soft fabric of skirt overlay gently falls around the legs.

Hair:
I opted for an elegant up do, or half up do as to show off the sweet heart detailing. I'm a sucker for loose curls, and I think soft, face framing ringlets coming loose from a messy side chignon would be just perfect for such a soft dress.

Jewellery:
I chose to pair the coral dress with golden accents which I think really make the whole thing pop. I wanted to keep it fairly simple; it's so tempting to throw on every shiny thing you own. Instead, I picked a few subtle pieces that compliment the dress, that way all the attention goes to the rightful star of the show.

Make-up:
I've always loved smoky eyes but if done incorrectly, it could be too harsh against the soft coral colour and end up looking.. well.. wrong. I feel soft peach and gold toned smoky eye, would look stunning with the way I've styled this dress and really bring out the blue of my eyes. I'd keep the crease colour matte, sweep a touch of orange-gold shimmer shadow over the top of the lid, and white shimmer in the inner corners once you're done. I'd finish off my eyes with black winged eyeliner as that's, kind of, my thing. The softer colour scheme allows for winged liner which would otherwise be too bold. To compliment the golden accessories and coral dress, I'd opt for a light peach crème blush on the apples of the cheeks, and some clever contouring extended out towards the ears. Peach is a universally flattering colour that suits people of many skin tones and it goes just marvellously with gold. Add a touch of highlighting powder under your eyes and on your cheekbones and finish the look off with a glossy, light peach pout.

I'd like to take this time to thank Weddington Way for taking the time to contact me. I had so much fun daydreaming about my red carpet debut and styling my ideal look. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!