_

Pages - Menu

Monday, January 4, 2016

December Beauty Favourites.



One: MAC Lip Pencils in 'Whirl' and 'Lasting Sensation'
MAC has always been my favourite when it comes to lips. The formulas are amazing, the colour payoff is magnificent, but these pencils.. man. These pencils define your lips beautifully and keep your colour on forever. What I’m really loving, though, is how both colours are so versatile under different shades. I recently bought Lasting Sensation to use in conjunction with my tube of Toxic Tonic and purchased Whirl to use under Velvet Teddy a while back (which works amazingly, by the way) but lately I've been wearing both under different shades of pinks, reds and nudes. I love how it changes the tone to give a completely different end result.

Two: Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
I'm not one to use hair products a whole lot, so when I find a product that I use daily, I know it's a goodie. And a goodie this is. I've been using this so much over our hot Australian Summer to hydrate and strengthen my dried out hair and it's done a world of good, adding shine and making my hair look and feel healthier overall. It also defends against damage from UV rays and heat styling - perfect for me right now.

Three: Nuxe Lait Démaquillant Confort Comforting Cleansing Milk
I got a sample of this back in my July Bellabox and have since gone through two more full-sized bottles. I use it as a makeup remover and it's pretty amazing at getting the job done, minus that unpleasant waxy coating I've experienced with other milks. Great for dry-sensitive skin, this feels amazing on my face and rinses cleanIt has a luxuriously rich, smooth texture that cleanses while protecting my skin from dryness. It's super gentle and doesn't sting the eyes, removing makeup easily with gentle, circular rubbing, leaving my skin feeling very smooth, supple, and nourished.

Four: Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara
I've heard nothing but good things about Lash Sensational so when I saw the waterproof formula during Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale, I had to have it.. Despite the fact that I have about 4839545398 tubes of mascara in my beauty supply. Not even mad. I'm fussy when it comes to mascara, and I'd found nothing that's beaten my beloved tube of Butterfly Wings, but I think this may have done it. I want falsie-like length and no-smudge, no-clump separation from my mascara and this definitely delivers that, giving good length and volume, wonderful separation and lash definition, all with waterproof staying power.

Five: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 'Medium'
This little gem has been mentioned in a few of my past favourites but as Summer has really kicked off, a bronzer is once again a necessity and I was able to dust off and discover my love for this baby all over again. It's everything I want in a bronzer: great for contouring, not muddy, not too brown, not orange at all and a completely matte formulation. I can use it lightly for a subtle glow, or build it up for a more sun-kissed look. Either way, never looking cakey or fake.

Six: Kate Moss for Rimmel Matte Finish Lipstick in '111 - Kiss of Life'
This is a damn good lipstick, and my go-to fire engine red. I picked up a tube on a whim during Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale and I'm so glad I did. Other than the gorgeous shade, the matte formulation is perfect - not drying nor powdery, and the wear-time is magnificent, lasting until well-past lunch, even when I am too lazy for forget lip liner. The classy rose scent ain't too shabby, either.

19 comments:

  1. Nice list... I am agree with you.. I enjoy product #1, #4, and #5... I will definitely have to try the other ones... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Nuxe cleansing milk is now on my "to try" list, it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Kate lipsticks! They are amazing!! Have great payoff and are also hydrating.
    www.fashionovermatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice list of favourites! I absolutely LOVEEE the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara (I reviewed it over on my blog) - it has over taken every mascara in my collection! Definitely a winner :D
    Jess at www.beautifulbreakable.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rimmel London has really been improving their makeup game recently! I love the Kate lipsticks as well and was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks...I just became allergic to a lot of cosmetics, and the body shop is all natural I think..so I shall have to try that bronzer..thanks for sharing!! That mascara is fab..tried it before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mac! Also I'm always looking for a new mascara! Thanks for sharing your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They'd have to be my top three from this list too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I love it so much! Definitely give it a try, especially if you've got overly dry or sensitive skin. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yassss! It's rare to find a matte formula that's also hydrating. I'm so glad I picked it up, I loved it so much I've bought three more shades since. :P x

    ReplyDelete
  11. For sure! To me, finding a drugstore gem is equivalent to winning the lottery haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yass! I've really been impressed by Rimmel lately, they're quickly becoming one of my favourite drugstore brands. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard most of The Body Shop's products are good for sensitive and allergic skin, definitely give their stuff a go, especially the bronzer. Hopefully your skin is okay with it. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. In that case, definitely give Lash Sensational a go if you haven't already!
    Thanks for stopping by. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bronzing powder looks so good... I need to seriously refresh my beauty routine, it is so stale! I'm heading to my favorite makeup artist soon for a product refresh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's good to refresh every year or so, if not more. So many great products are getting released all the time. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely need to try these!! Great list of goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. For sure! They're all amazing in my eyes. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been loving red lips this month as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!