_

Pages - Menu

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

#Bloggersunitedau Perth Bloggers Meet.

 I was lucky enough to secure myself a ticket to Bloggers United AU's sell-out Perth event, which took place at Gramercy Bar and Kitchen last Saturday afternoon.


Leading up to the event, I was beyond excited to attend my very first blogger meet, but on the drive to the venue, I was struck my a sudden nervousness -I'm awkward, I'm shy, and strangers make me anxious. My fears were quickly put to rest as I was warmly welcomed by a bunch of the loveliest ladies I've met in a long time. That, and cupcakes. Many cupcakes.


Once I'd done some mingling, shoved numerous cupcakes in my face, and chosen a seat, I was taken aback by the number of goody bags waiting at each place. I mean, really taken aback - there was literally no table space. Table or chair space, for that matter. I sympathise with the girls who chose to catch the train in to the city that day (thanks, Jesse).

We started off the meet with a few prize draws and trivia questions, followed by  speakers in from Elucent, L'Oreal Professional, Embacci, Weleda, John Plunkett, and Lush. I love learning about new products and brands, and I gathered as much information as my brain could hold. We all received goodies from each spokesperson's respective brand so it was great to learn a bit about the companies and how their products work (plus, demonstrations are fun). 

image credit: Sophia of Sophia LCS Makeup

Pictured below: Mischelle of Mishelle's Sleepy Time, Sophie of Born to Buy Blog
image credit: Jackie of Jackie Mellor MUA

Pictured below: Mastura of Veiled Beauty, Bonnie of Bonnbeauté, Alex of The Speel, Juvelle of Running in Chanel, Angie of Peplum and Prosecco
image credit: Jasmine of Sweetaholic Beauty c/o BloggersUnitedAU

Mischelle of Mishelle's Sleepy Time

I guess I should move on to the part you've all been waiting for, no?
das goodies, ja! We were incredibly spoilt receiving SEVEN bags each which was so very generous of Bloggers United and all the contributing companies to have supplied us with so many goodies to try out. It took me a solid five days to go through everything for this post. I wish I was over-exaggerating.



 The Bloggers United bags were filled to the brim - literally!



Let's start with my favourite topic: FOOD! We all received a bottle of Barker's Lite Blackcurrant Syrup, which tastes like Ribena, and some Sour Cream & Chive Bagel Bites. Let's just disregard the fact that you can clearly see that it's already been opened. I may or may not have eaten them all prior to taking a photo. Don't judge me. Also pictured is the Redken Frizz Dismiss Finishing Sheets - which I'm incredibly excited to try out, a voucher for a free pair of jeans from Jeanswest, a perfume sample from OneSelf in 'Hawaiian Flower Lei', a Valencia Soy Candle in 'Manhattan', Pureology's Multi-Tasking 21 in 1 Hair Beautifier for Coloured Hair, L'Oreal Professionnel Perfecting Multipurpose Spray for Coloured Hair, and aEssence of Jasmine candle - I got the scent 'Cranberry Crush' which smells amazing! It also doubles as a hand and cuticle moisturiser if you can dip your fingers in the warm wax. A tiny Bioderma Micellar Water, a Waxaway Kit, Rosehip Oil in both a bottle and a 'skin boost' roll-on, MaxFactor Kohl Pencil and Chi Chi Rich Bitch Black Eyeliner, both in Black, Chi Chi 3D Magic Lash 3 in 1 Mascara, a Covergirl Lipstick in 'Croquette', Nuxe Multi-Purpose Dry Oil, a Furless Cosmetics makeup brush, Chi Chi duo eye shadow palettes 'Rich Gems' and 'Smokeys', Sea Siren Nail Polish in 'Sea Shells' and Scentrelle's Reverse Time Face Serum were also included.



The first thing I noticed in the second bag was the acrylic make-up organiser which now houses my (previously disorganised) lipsticks. We also received a pot of Brite Organix Hair Shadow (like hair chalk), L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream, Optiva Radiance Refresh Tonic, Eco Tools Fresh & Flawless Five Piece Complexion Set, Zassni Orchard Dew Botanical Face Mist, Slim Secrets Protein Pud in 'Strawberry Indulgence' which will be great as an after gym meal tonight, a tube of Uriage's Soothing Repair Barrier Lip Balm, Wella's Blow Dry Lotion, Chi Chi Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick in 'Flirt' as well as their Chandelier Lips Lip Laquer were all welcome additions. Also included were Weleda Sea Buckthorn Hand Cream, Carmex Lip Balm in cute leopard print tin, a sample sized Eyeliner and tubular Mascara from Blinc, Matrix Turbo Dryer Blow Dry Spray, L'Oreal Professional Color Corrector Crème for Blondes and Antipodes' Saviour Skin Balm.

Elucent were beyond generous with their bag of treats, supplying us with full sized bottles of the entire whitening range, along with a note pad and pen. The Whitening range consists of an Eye Cream, an Exfoliating Cleanser, both Day and Night Moisturisers, Hand Cream, and a Spot Corrector. We learned that the 'Whitening" line is designed to even out the skin tone by reducing pigmentation and balancing out the appearance dark spots, freckles, age spots, etc. NOT 'whiten' your skin (this is why you listen to presentations, kids).

We were gifted a bag by Enbacci containing their Vitus Vinifera 3 Step System, made up of a Rejuvenating Gel Cleanser, Essence Toner and Essential Crème Moisturiser, as well as sample sized bottled of their Detoxifying Clay Mask, Microdermabrasion Exfoliating Scrub and Moisturising Hand Cream.

We each received a cute little bag from Dr. Hauschka, which held sample sized bottles of their Soothing Cleansing Milk, Facial Toner, and Night Serum.

Our set from John Plunkett contained their NS-5 Cuticle and Nail Complex and Glyco Peel 5 minute facial set - which I'm quite excited to try out.

 I waited for what felt like the longest time to open my Lush gift box. The citrus-y Shiny Happy People kit contained Green Fun in What A Softy!, Happy Hippy Shower Gel and Bohemian Soap - all of which I've used every night since their opening.

We also received a single rose which was a lovely touch.

Phew! I'm as exhausted now as I was by the time I plonked myself in the car on Saturday evening - a good kind of exhausted. The kind of exhausted you feel after a good day.

I'd like to end this post with a big ol' thank you to the Bloggers United team for organising the event, as well as all of the brands who contributed towards our massive goodie bags! I was incredibly happy to receive such a range of products from companies that I wasn't familiar with to begin with. To the ladies I had the chance to meet, thank you for making me feel welcome - everyone was so lovely. Unfortunately, there were so many bloggers that I didn't get the chance to say hello to - gi'me a shout!

image credit: Jasmine of Sweetaholic Beauty c/o BloggersUnitedAU

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a home for the mountain of products at my feet.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Christie! So nice to see all the photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You can really tell which ones are my crappy phone photos. I'll leave the photography to the experts with their fancy cameras. :P xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love hearing from you all!

Sharing is Caring!